Director Portfolio Management
Property, Renewables, Third Sector
up to £70,000 based on experience
- 30 days holiday
- Health insurance, life insurance, critical illness cover, pension scheme
- Remote working (in current Covid environment) with future hybrid working from our London offices near Angel, London
Social and Sustainable Capital (SASC) is an ambitious fast-growing social investment fund manager providing flexible finance to inspiring social sector organisations. Our investment approach puts social impact at the heart of everything we do: we are committed to developing creative solutions that will enable organisations to grow and continue delivering scalable and sustainable solutions to social issues. Established in 2014, we have committed more than £100m of capital to date as loans of to non-profit organisations across the UK. We work with organisations who are tackling entrenched social issues such as poverty, homelessness, social isolation and unemployment.
About SASC’s funds
SASC launched two funds in 2014: the Community Investment Fund and the Third Sector Investment Fund. Over the last 6 years SASC has invested in organisations operating in many sectors across the UK.
The experience gained managing these first two funds has made it possible for SASC to develop a sector specific offering. Launched in May 2019 and still open for investment, the award winning Social and Sustainable Housing fund offers commercial financial returns and measurable social impact. SASC’s unique and innovative product allows high performing charities working across the UK to build portfolios of properties that are used to house individuals in receipt of housing benefit.
In September 2020, SASC bought Leapfrog Bridge Finance, the finance arm of low carbon innovator, Pure Leapfrog. Now operating as SASC Bridge Finance, it allows SASC to expand their work in the renewable energy sector.
The Portfolio Director role interacts regularly with all facets of the organisation:
Deployment: Property Purchasing
Portfolio and Impact Reporting
Team and colleagues
You will be a versatile, people driven professional with excellent numeracy skills and a genuine passion for the social sector; additionally, we are looking for:
- A capacity to analyse financial statements of non-profit organisations
- Previous experience of residential property and / or renewables and /or third sector - cashflow lending experience will be an advantage.
- High proficiency in financial modelling
- Competency in business law concepts including loan agreements, appraisals, loan security, creditors' rights and sufficient knowledge to review and negotiate loan documents.
For more information about SASC and the full job description, please follow the link:
Portfolio Director - SASC Job Description
All applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permit.