Team: Risk and Credit
Location: Holborn Office
County: Central London
Closing Date: 29-Oct-2021
Have you got a wealth of experience in the retail mortgage space? Do you enjoy analysing data and utilising it to drive decisions? Would you like to join one of the fastest growing Banks in UK? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Credit Risk Manager – Mortgages, you will be responsible for all areas of mortgage credit risk. This includes taking ownership of mortgage credit risk policy, criteria and models. As part of your role, you will, make sure Metro Bank is holding enough provision and capital to sustain any future losses.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Helping the Bank achieve its strategic goals in branching out into more specialised mortgage lending
• Carrying out detailed analysis on acquisition, portfolio strategy and management of the retail mortgage portfolio
• Producing reports in regards to portfolio performance and highlighting any key risks within the portfolio
• Assisting the wider team in setting the credit risk appetite for the mortgages portfolio
• Creating and maintaining relationships with colleagues across the mortgages business, the regulators and audit firms
• Assisting with development of the mortgage initiatives, acting as the representative for Credit Risk
• Leading on multiple projects with both internal and external stakeholders
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You must have to a have a strong finance industry background with a depth of knowledge of credit risk.
• In order to exceed in this role, you must have a strong working knowledge of SAS
• You need to have a good understanding of regulatory requirements and keep up with any changes that may be required
• Ideally, you will have a strong knowledge of specialist mortgage products e.g. near prime lending, limited company buy to let and shared ownership
• To be amazing in this role, you will require excellent stakeholder management skills
IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE; Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!