Closing Date: 28-Oct-2021
Are you a revolutionary designer who loves to create amazing customer experiences? Would you love to surprise and delight our customers? Can you bring creativity to the British Banking revolution? If yes, then we may have a role for you!
Metro Bank is changing the way Britain banks. We are creating fans not customers by designing creative and simple digital solutions that engage with our customers. As a UI (User Interface) Designer, you will be working closely with our Product and Propositions teams, designing and delivering outstanding feature improvements to service our digital customers. You will document, maintain, test and extend our UI templates, guidelines and frameworks ensuring they are robust and used consistently across our propositions.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Supporting proposition owners by producing detailed designs for new production features and functional specifications documents
• Designing and building clickable prototype designs for users, testing new concept features and products
• Liaising with Developers and QA’s to ensure designs are built and delivered in line with design specifications
• Providing the dev teams with support and guidance to help follow our design standards and our UX best practices
• Finding solutions to design problems and extending our UI tool kits and templates when required.
• Producing Hi-Fidelity designs that follow wireframes produced by UX
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• To be amazing in this role, you need to have experience in designing for web and native apps (iOS and Android) using Sketch / Craft and Adobe Creative Suite
• Naturally, you will have a good understanding of Web Browser restrictions and Mobile Device capabilities
• You will have experience working in a development team with an understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology
• Ideally you will have previous experience designing and implementing style guidelines and cross platform UI templates
Please apply with your cv and portfolio and highlight any mobile experience.
IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE; Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!