We Empower People and Create Economic Opportunity
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organisations of all sizes.
eBay’s strategic vision is to become the best global marketplace for buyers and sellers through a tech-led reimagination of the company. Looking for a purpose-driven company that puts the customer at the heart of everything? A culture that encourages people to think big and be curious, to act with urgency and integrity and to be fearlessly inclusive? That’s who we are. If this sounds compelling, join eBay!
About the Team
This role will work in the fashion trading team and will report to the Senior Category Manager. The role will work across multiple fashion categories in the UK including Brand Outlet, Preloved, Womenswear, Menswear, Kidswear, Shoes & Accessories. You will be responsible for working on key strategic projects and to execute these through working with strategically important sellers, brands and retailers and ensuring that eBay has the inventory to continue to grow.
- Build category and market expertise to identify and exploit opportunities for eBay and build inventory plans
- Acquire resellers to ensure they launch effectively on the platform and have a scaling plan in place
- Manage portfolio of Fashion Resellers on an ongoing basis, conducting regular reviews of performance and managing a forward trade plan
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and negotiating all parts of the deal to support inventory plans
- Manage the relationship with market data providers and build actionable insights from this data
- Analyse ebay data to support strategic projects
- Develop expert understanding of resellers’ business operations and current strategies and utilise insight to find opportunities for growth
- Develop the relationship with key sellers, brands and retailers within the portfolio and in line with the category strategy
- Build range and promotional plans, to target merchandise and use levers to get products and promotions on site
We would love to hear from you if you have a passion for retail & ecommerce.
Key attributes for the role are:
- Ability to analyse data and build actionable insights from this data
- Ability to take large amounts of information and summarise the key insights from this information
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in the building of presentations
- Strategic thinker and self-starter with a strong action-orientation
- Strong commercial acumen and be comfortable operating in a fast-paced online environment
- The ability to build internal and external relationships, crafting partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Operating with agility and easily adapting to change
This role offers fantastic career development for an individual with excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement