We Empower People and Create Economic Opportunity
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organisations of all sizes.
eBay’s strategic vision is to become the best global marketplace for buyers and sellers through a tech-led reimagination of the company. Looking for a passionate company that puts the customer at the heart of everything? A culture that encourages people to think big and be curious, to act with urgency and integrity and to be fearlessly inclusive? That’s who we are. If this sounds compelling, join eBay!
- Internally considered as a subject matter expert with your insight of retail sector with expertise of the Sporting Goods and Health & Beauty Categories. Also responsible for the Musical Instruments category for any reactive requirements.
- Develop and deliver annual strategy directly and via coaching of the Sporting Goods and Health & Beauty Category Managers, in the form of a quarterly commercial plan and three-year ambition. Work closely to share market insight to define and implement a brand acquisition & scaling strategy to optimise the brand reach on the site.
- Self-sufficient in use of self-serve reporting tools (e.g. Hive/ Salesforce, Excel, Planning tool reports) & with the ability to derive insights from reports that drive business results
- Lead and develop the operational relationship with large partners, brands and retailers, within the portfolio and in line with the category strategy
- Lead on and are responsible for more complex and central initiatives that drive material incremental GMV growth
- Partner with the Lifestyle Business Development Manager to acquire new inventory via new and existing sellers in line with the category strategy
- Partner with the Business Partnerships team to acquire new SMB sellers at scale within Sporting Goods and Health & Beauty.
Internal Relationship Management
- Responsibility for the day to day management of two category managers & one graduate.
- Give direction to the team to ensure delivery of commercial targets and partnering with the Category Lead in developing the annual and quarterly commercial plans for the business
- Deputise for the Category Trading Lead to represent the vertical with senior partners, when required.
- Ability to build long term, trusted and productive relationships at all levels
- Provide feedback, mentoring & coaching to all members of the team with support from the Category Trading Lead
- Proven experience of exceptional sales/budget performance within a B2C or B2B environment (preferably retail or ecommerce), with specific experience in the Sporting Goods & Apparel categories.
- Experience of leading, coaching and motivating teams
- A strategic problem solver, with a strong track record of driving commercial results through Business Development and Acquisition
- End to end ownership of the seller plan with the use of client data to drive business results and sales outcomes
- Outstanding negotiation skills to source critical inventory and establish joint commercial targets
- Track record of building effective trading relationships with clients/suppliers/brands to drive exceptional advocacy and a joint focus on commercial outcomes
- Strong trading foresight and very comfortable with generating insights from data. Comfortable to operate in a fast-paced trading environment and skilled at managing peak trading periods
- Excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Able to operate with agility
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement