We Empower People and Create Economic Opportunity
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes.
eBay’s strategic vision is to become the best global marketplace for buyers and sellers through a tech-led reimagination of the company. Looking for a passionate company that puts the customer at the heart of everything? A culture that encourages people to think big and be curious, to act with urgency and integrity and to be fearlessly inclusive? That’s who we are. If this sounds compelling, join eBay!
About the Team
The Business Development Manager is responsible for building, leading and delivering the end to end fashion acquisition pipeline to optimise the selection of brands and inventory on the eBay platform for customers.
Key interfaces include :
- Merchant Integration Solutions
- Category Leads
- Horizontal Trading
- Risk & Trust
We are looking for a self-starter to recruit and engage brands for eBay fashion across it’s Brand Outlet and Preloved propositions in the UK. This position requires an entrepreneurial mentality and a passion for all things fashion.
- Considered as a subject matter expert with your insight of retail sector with deep understanding of the overall market, and customers (buyers/sellers), across B2C and C2C.
- With a background and expert understanding of the marketplaces/platform market, its competitors and supporting businesses (i.e. listing management; integrators; logistics; customer services) you will have a clear point of view on what is required for our partners to succeed in this space.
- Derive insights from reports that drive business results (e.g. Hive, DOMO, TTP report, Planning tool reports)
Business Development & Acquisition
- Develop new acquisition strategy in challenging circumstances; driving commercial objectives that contribute towards the achievement of overall strategic goals for the overall business.
- Expert understanding across B2C/C2C promotional trading levers & tools (i.e. coupons, deals); traffic levers including owned/earned/ paid marketing, PR, and advertising channels; and buyer experience capabilities to scale new sellers, brands & partners sustainably.
- Ability to create, manage & implement a sales funnel/pipeline of ‘new to ebay’ sellers, brands and partners to successfully meet GMV targets by acquiring & scaling a constant stream of new inventory to the platform.
- Experience of leading, coaching and motivating diverse teams.
- An analytical problem solver with the knack of sifting through detail, and putting complex ideas into clear frameworks. Insists on proof in data, peeling back layers to understand root causes, and uses data to drive innovation, tactical decisions & strategic planning
- A strategic problem solver, responsible for continual improvement of the acquisition framework, from how we identify leads, to engaging, on-boarding, and preparing these clients for promotional activities.
- Ability to influence and create consensus within cross-functional planning forums for horizontal trade related initiatives, campaigns & propositions, and within broader horizontal initiatives when representing the UK in global/Euro working groups.
- Track record of building effective trading relationships with clients/suppliers/brands to deliver on their readiness to trade ensuring they are bring to bear the full trading capability of the platform; whilst growing & maintaining a network of industry contacts.
- Excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Able to operate with agility.
- Passionately understand the eBay customer, and drive a customer-first mind set across the business.
- The ability to apply influencing and negotiation skills with external businesses to build and maintain mutually beneficial commercial relations – with a deep understanding of brand, seller & partner needs, challenges and opportunities for growth.
- Extensively experienced in the technical and commercial onboarding processes and considerations for sellers and brands joining online marketplaces
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.