We Empower People and Create Economic Opportunity
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organisations of all sizes.
eBay’s strategic vision is to become the best global marketplace for buyers and sellers through a tech-led reimagination of the company. Looking for a purpose-driven company that puts the customer at the heart of everything? A culture that encourages people to think big and be curious, to act with urgency and integrity and to be fearlessly inclusive? That’s who we are. If this sounds compelling, join eBay!
About the Team
This exciting opening will support the team in defining the category strategy, and execute this through working with strategically important sellers, brands and retailers in the trading team to ensure that eBay has the inventory to continue to grow this area plus being accountable for the operational and commercial success of the overall seller portfolio and the wider category.
- Build category and market expertise to identify and exploit opportunities for eBay and build inventory plans,
- Develop expert understanding of sellers’ business operations and current strategies and utilise insight to find opportunities for growth
- Lead and develop the relationship with key sellers, brands and retailers within the portfolio and in line with the category strategy
- Collaborate with Product Engagement to ensure that platform developments meet the needs of UK customers in the categories
- Interpret seller customer needs and behaviours & use them to get the best/ most relevant offer to the buyer
- Calculate; manage and monitor performance against agreed KPI's
- Previously worked as a merchandiser; sourcer or buyer within online or retail environment, with experience within the Luxury industry, especially Jewellery, Watches or Handbags.
- Experience at negotiating ranges & promotion with suppliers in non-complex negotiations over periods up to 1 year
- Able to work tactically to drive & respond to business performance
- Able to target merchandise & appropriate sources of that merchandise & work with sellers to get it to site quickly
- Accomplished straight forward tasks without assistance. Has mastered most of the basic job duties
- Have gained exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function.
- General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job, especially excel. May need to consult with Senior/ Specialists on more complex issues.
- Have a college degree or relevant training
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/compan...
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement