Static Light Company Ltd is one of UK’s leading independent event lighting solutions providers. Our speciality is supplying lighting equipment solutions and production for the entertainment, event and exhibition industry both in the UK and worldwide.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Project Manager with high-powered organisation skills and creative problem-solving capabilities. Experience in the entertainment industry is preferred, a genuine interest for event lighting is necessary. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds. The position is based in our offices in Harlow which are interconnected with our warehouse and show room.
Skills & experience
- High level of number accuracy, impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude to build strong and lasting relationships with clients
- Ability to contribute to the creative aspects of a project
- Understand market trends and the latest technology
- Creative and practical problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisation and time management
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Awareness of operational logistic and international freight requirements
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise a varied and sometimes heavy workload
- Experience working with free-lance crew
- Flexibility to travel and work additional hours at peak times and willingness to attend events during and outside of regular business hours
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Controlling all aspects of assigned projects from inception to implementation, monitor and report on progress, risks, and issues through all stages.
- Collating contractors costs and producing a budget
- Negotiate hires and purchases with suppliers
- Handling projects from sale-pitch to site hand-over
- Preparing client quotations and pitch
- Conducting client visits as necessary and appropriate
- Responding to all customer enquiries with expert advice
- Travelling to domestic and international sites
- Providing support to project team members
- Creating and maintaining a well-structured, professional environment for your project teams where each member fully understands their role and responsibilities and is encouraged to deliver great results.
- Working in collaboration with the Head of Projects to develop the department
£35 - £40K Negotiable depending on experience